|Regular/Full Time, Sandwich||Direct||Undergraduate|
The Music programmes are:
» Music Education
» Bachelor of Music
» Diploma in Music
The Music Education programme prepares individuals to teach Music and related disciplines in Pre-Tertiary Institutions.
Students are exposed to practical and theoretical aspects of Western and African Music. Students also acquire the skills and knowledge of teaching children Music.
The Bachelor of Music and Diploma in Music programmes prepare students for professional careers in Music and related disciplines. Lessons in Introduction to
Music Technology are also offered.
The programmes provide diverse educational opportunities in music and cultural enrichment studies for people with music ambitions.
Job prospects are available in areas like:
» The Ghana Education Service
» Private Educational Institutions
» The Security Services
» Centre for National Culture
» National Orchestra
» Music Recording Studios
The programme seeks to attract:
» SHS Certificate Holders
» Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ Holders
» Personnel of the Armed Forces/ Police etc
» Other Professional Certificate Holders
A. Direct Candidates
Candidates must have passes in three core and three elective subjects. A credit in Music will be an advantage
Entry Requirements: to qualify to undertake the Diploma programme in the Department, prospective candidates will be expected to possess one of the following categories of entry requirements:
A. SSSCE Holders
• Passes (A - D) in six (6) subjects, including English Language,
Mathematics, Integrated Science OR Social Studies; and any three electives.
• Applicant must have interest in music.
B. WASSCE Holders
• A Distinction or Credit in an accredited certificate programme
Three SHS/GCE Credits passes in the relevant electives and at least three D7 or better in English
Language, Mathematics and Social Studies or Integrated Science.
• TVET Applicants must have credits in five subjects, comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics and two elective subjects relevant to the programme chosen.
• People with higher qualifications can apply
• A credit in Music will be an advantage.
A. Mature Candidates
• Applicants must be at least 25 years by September 1 of the academic year s/he wants to enrol; and
• Must pass a selection interview