|4 years||Regular/Full Time||Direct||Undergraduate|
The Music programmes are:
» Music Education
» Bachelor of Music
» Diploma in Music
» Post Diploma in Music
The Bachelor of Music programme prepares individuals to become professional musicians and acquire related skills disciplines in the profession. Students are exposed to practical and theoretical aspects of Western and African
Music Students also acquire the skills and knowledge of teaching children Music.
The Bachelor of Music and Diploma in Music programmes prepare students for professional careers in Music and related disciplines. Lessons in Introduction to Music Technology are also offered.
The programmes provide diverse educational opportunities in music and cultural enrichment studies for people with music ambitions.
Job prospects are available in areas like:
» The Ghana Education Service.
» Private Educational Institutions
» The Security Services
» Centre for National Culture
» National Orchestra
» Music Recording Studios
The programme seeks to attract:
» SHS Certificate Holders
» Teachers’ Certificate ‘A’ Holders
» Personnel of the Armed Forces
» Other Professional Certificate Holders
A. SSSCE Candidates
• Passes (A - D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
• Passes (A – D) in other three (3) elective subjects
A credit (D) in Music will be an advantage.
A. WASSCE Candidates
• Credit Passes (A1– C6) in six (6) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
• Credit Passes (A1– C6) in any three (3) elective subjects.
A credit pass in Music will be an advantage.
B. GCE Advanced Level Candidates
• Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be
Grade D or better).
• Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
C. Mature Candidates
Applicants must be at least 25 years by September 1 of the academic year s/he wants to enrol:
• A General Aptitude Test and
• A Subject Area Test.
Both administered by the University.
D. E) Post-Diploma
• Candidates must possess a Diploma in a relevant subject area from the University of Education, Winneba or a recognised institution.
• The class obtained should be second class or better and must pass an interview.
• Successful candidates will be admitted to Level 300.
• Diploma applicants from the Department of Music Education of UEW who obtain GPA of 2.5 and above will be admitted to Level 300.