The Institute is responsible for the following:
- Promote interdisciplinary research and development activities related to science and technology in indigenous, informal and formal manufacturing industries in order to improve science and technology education on the African Continent.
- Conduct research into issues related to Basic Education and engaging national and international audiences in best practices in the promotion of Basic Education in Ghana.
- Provide in-depth understanding of the relationship between educational policy, research and practice at the institutional, national and international levels.
- Conduct research and play a leading role in the formulation and practice of educational policies in Ghana and elsewhere.
- Promote joint international researches and strengthening of academic projects with the national and international partner-universities.
- Seek and promote joint international publications.
- Attract and invite seasonal researchers/ scholars from other countries to participate in joint research activities, seminars and conferences.