|4 years||Regular/Full Time||Direct||Undergraduate|
The programme focusses on a wide range of techniques and aesthetic approaches in 2D and 3D animation through experimentation and innovation with emphasizes on creativity and critical thinking.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of research in Animation through Studio Practice, Library Skills, and Information and Communication Technology;
• Create quality 2D (two Dimension) and 3D (three-dimension) animation through creative and professional portfolio using principles of design, drawing, animation, artistic expertise and innovation;
• Refine personal narrative voice that
• holistically integrates the elements of storytelling and performance in order to actively engage the audience;
• Coordinate and manage the production of a student film, including the aspects of cinematography, art direction and editing.
• Collaborate effectively with peers on animation projects.
• 3D Modeler
• Art Director
• Film and Video Editor
• Character Animator
• Lighting Technician
• Game Animator
• Stop Motion Animator
To qualify to undertake the Bachelor of Fine Art in Animation programme in the Department of Graphic Design, prospective candidates will be expected to possess one of the following categories of entry requirements:
1. Direct Candidates must possess any of the two qualifications:
• WASSCE: Must possess credit passes (A1-C6) in six subjects comprising three core subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science OR Social Studies; and at least a grade C6 in Graphic Design and credit passes in two other visual arts subjects.
• SSSCE: Must possess (A-D) in six subjects comprising three core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies; and at least a grade C in Graphic Design and credit passes in two other visual arts subjects.
2. Holders of Diploma in Graphic Design
• This category of applicants must have pursued at least a 2-year Diploma course in Graphic Design.
• must pass a selection interview. This will determine the level of entry (either level 200 or 300) based on performance at the interview.
• Mature Applicants
• Be at least 25 years by 1st September of the academic year. And should have completed asenior high school.