Student Association (SOSSA)
The association is known and called "Social Studies Students' Association". Herein referred to as "SOSSA". All students who are admitted into the department are members, and students from other departments who take courses in the social studies department can also join. All lecturers in the department are patrons and the Head of Department shall be the chief patron. All members pay annual dues to determine their status and entitlements
Aims and Objectives of SOSSA.
- To seek the welfare of all members in the association
- To protect the individual and collective rights of all members
- To promote the growth and development of the department of social studies and the
University of Education, Winneba as a whole.
- To help members obtain higher academic standards.
- To organize seminars, workshops, exhibitions, competitions and exchange programs
- To provide a source of entertainment where necessary and create a sense of belonging
- To promote professional ethics among members.
c. Leaders ‘SOSSA’
There is a nine - member executive committee which comprises;
1. The President 0555721291
2. Vice President 0249484282
4. Vice secretary
6. Financial secretary
7. Public Relations Officer (P.R.O)
8. Organising secretary
9. Welfare secretary.
- Organized Fresher's Akwaaba
Educational trips to:
- Kakum National Park
- Cape Coast Castle
- Mt. Afadjato
- Wlie falls
- Inter-level debate competition
- SOSSA Dinner and Awards Night
- Organization of seminars, health screening and workshops for members
The activities of SOSSA include the following.
1. The association organize seminars, workshops and programs for the members
2. The association organize educational trip for its members in the first semester of every year.
3. The association also organize fresher's Akwaaba / Socialization for its freshers in the first
semester and a week celebration for all members in the second semester.
4. The association in collaboration with the department organize a departmental orientation
for its members every first semester.
5. The association also organizes periodic meetings for its members to discuss issues of its
6. There is also a periodic election to elect new leaders for the association in every second
7. The association through its judicial board settled disputes among its members.
8. There is annual get together ceremony in every second semester.