|4 years||Regular/Full Time||Direct||Undergraduate|
The basic objectives of the programme are to:
• Equip students with the basic knowledge, analytical skills and methodologies in teaching and managing Fashion and Textile related institutions and organisations.
• Produce fashion and textile graduates capable of identifying, designing and manipulating the local resources and apply them to teaching and learning.
• Produce a teacher capable of teaching fashion and textile in the Junior and Senior High School levels
• Equip students with the knowledge and competencies in conducting research and research reporting in Fashion and Textile Education.
• Inculcate in graduates desire to use and promote traditional and contemporary Ghanaian visual symbols in the global market.
• Teaching in government and private institutions under the Ministry of education
• Tourism and cultural institutions
• Private entrepreneurship/self-employment
• Regional/district fashion and textile organizations.
A: SSSCE/WASSCE Candidates:
• Candidates must have credit passes in six (6) subjects (i.e. 3 core and 3 electives) at grade C6. One of the three elective art subjects must be Fashion or Textile. Candidates are offered direct admission.
B: Mature candidates:
• Mature candidate must be at least 25 years old at the time of admission. Each candidate must hold the Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’/WASSCE. In addition, the candidate must pass the mature candidate’s examination organised by the University.
C: Professional Certificate/Diploma Holders:
• Candidates must possess a Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in Fashion and Textile or related subjects from recognized institutions. Diplomas of Colleges of Education are also acceptable. Transcripts must accompany the application forms.