Skip to main content
- The Department had approval to offer MPhil (Top Up) in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).
- There is increase in student population, especially for the M.Ed in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL).
- A number of library books were purchasedfor the departmental library.
- The Department’s documents for the introduction of B.A Linguistics Education has been approved by the Academic Planning Committee and has since been advertised in the Daily Graphic pending admission of students into 2018/2019 academic year. The department is waiting to receive its first batch of students to commence the programme in September.
- The Department once again had the privilege of hosting and celebrates52 years of the West African Linguistics Society (WALS) and 10 years of the Linguistics Association of Ghana (LAG) under one roof in UEW in August 2017.This is the second time UEW has hosted the West African Languages Congress (WALC) and also the LAG. The organizers were presented with awards for successfully organizing the congress. The conference has also enhanced UEW’s visibility on the world map as many attendees continue to praise UEW for hosting the congress.
- The department graduated one (1) PhD student during 2nd Session of 23rd Congregation.