The University of Education, Winneba invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill vacant Senior Member positions as follows:
- Farm Manager
Qualification and Experience
Candidates seeking appointment for the above positions must:
- Possess a Master’s degree in Archival Studies and Records Management, Library and Information Studies or relevant field of study.
- Have knowledge and experience in implementing standards and best practices for arrangement, description, cataloguing, preservation and access to archival materials.
- Be familiar with content management systems used to describe archival records and papers.
- Have key analytical, organizational, research and communication skills.
- Possess hands-on archival processing experience.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should download the relevant forms from the University’s Website for completion and submission.
Mode of Application
Qualified applicants are to submit 15copies of completed application forms with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, certificates and three (3) referees reports to:
University of Education, Winneba
P. O. Box 25
Closing date for the submission of completed forms is 28th August, 2020.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Farm Manager deals with the day-to-day running of the farm through;
- planning production.
- assisting in recruiting appropriate staff to work at the farm.
- managing the productions efficiently with quality inputs and disease control.
- developing/searching for potential market for sale of products.
- writing of reports.
- arrange the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment.
- understanding the implications of the weather and make contingency plans.
- monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with veterinary officers.
- protect the environment and maintain biodiversity.
- general supervision and training of farm staff.
- any other duties assigned.
Teamwork, people management, time management, organisation, records management, communication, business management, discipline, mechanical knowledge and financial planning.
- Applicant must have M.Phil/MSc. (Animal Science) or in a related field.
- Applicant must demonstrate strong practical skills in the production and management of animals.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience in the field.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants are requested to submit Fifteen (15) copies of the completed application forms including copies of certificates, Curriculum Vitae, Names and Addresses of Three (3) referees who would submit reports on them directly to the address below.
Application forms should be addressed to the Registrar, University of Education, Winneba, P. O. Box 25, Winneba.
Closing date for the submission of the application forms is 28th August, 2020.