The French Education programme seeks to help students acquire the knowledge and skills to effectively teach French as a foreign language in Ghana. The French Education Programme offers the students the opportunity to study language and literature.
• A holder of Diploma in Translation from the Ghana Institute of Languages,
• HND in Bilingual Secretarial Studies or any equivalent qualification.
• A holder of Bac, License or Maitrise from a Francophone institution who is teaching and who needs a professional qualification. Direct applicants
• SSSCE Candidates Passes (A - D) in Six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus
• A credit (D or better) in Three (3) elective subjects including French Language.
• WASSCE Candidates Passes (A1 – D7) in Six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science OR Social Studies, plus Credit passes in (A1-C6) three (3) elective subjects including French Language.
Must have in addition Baccalaureat 1 (Premiere)
Applicants must be at least 25 years by September 1 of the academic year s/he wants to enrol.
• Must have a credit in French and English Languages at GCE Ordinary Level or
• Must have a BEPC
Must pass an entrance examination conducted by the Department on behalf of the University.
Holders of Certificate/Professional Candidates
This category of applicants must have:
• Possess a certificate in French Education from the University of Education, Winneba or its equivalent
• Must possess Certificate of a professional training from a recognised institution).